Affective Disorders Research Database – Information for Patients/Participants
Thank you for your interest in the database!
We are working closely with the Affective Disorders pathway within Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS foundation trust on this project to streamline the identification and recruitment process for research studies within Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust, making things easier for:
- Patients by increasing awareness of studies and improving opportunities to participate in research
- Researchers approved to use the database will benefit from easier identification of and access to patients who meet eligibility criteria
- Clinical care teams will receive a detailed report of the database assessment
The database is a secure list of patients who would like to be contacted by researchers about suitable studies, including treatment trials. For more information see the Patient Information Sheet
Benefits for Patients:
- Increasing awareness of studies and improving opportunities to participate in research.
- Enhanced formulation and full diagnostic assessment completed by our qualified psychology team.
- Direct consultations between assessing clinician and the participants care team to share information and outcomes to aid in care pathways.
- Paid for participating in SOME trials.
If you would like to join the database you would complete a research assessment with a fully trained Assistant Psychologist, to enable us to match you up with the most relevant studies. The assessment would involve talking about any symptoms you have been experiencing and filling in some questionnaires, this could take place at an NHS site or at your home if this suits you better.
Information from this would then be stored on the secure database, accessible only to approved researchers who would contact you if and when any suitable studies came up.
If you would like to take part please contact us on: