Affective Disorders Research Database – Information for Researchers
Thank you for your interest in the database!
Our overall aim is to streamline the identification and recruitment process for research studies within Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust, making things easier for:
- Patients by increasing awareness of studies and improving opportunities to participate in research
- Researchers approved to use the database will benefit from easier identification of and access to patients who meet eligibility criteria
- Clinical care teams will receive a detailed report of the database assessment
- Diagnostic information from the Structured Clinical Interview for DSM
- For all participants: Work and Social Adjustment Scale, Warwick Edinburgh Mental Health Wellbeing Scale
- If relevant: Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression, Yale-Brown Obsessive Compulsive Scale, Penn State Worry Questionnaire, Revised Impact of Events Scale, Panic Disorder Severity Scale
Once approved, you would have access to the database and be able to search for potential patients by diagnosis. You could then look up their contact details on RiO to enable you to invite them to participate in your study.
Main steps for a researcher to become approved to use the database:
- Be working within CPFT or have an honorary contract.
- Have completed CPFT ‘Good Governance’ training module.
- Have completed CPFT ‘The Mental Capacity Act’ training module
- The study the researcher wishes to recruit to must have received approval from:
- A Research Ethics Committee
- CPFT Research and Development
To apply to use the database just fill in the forms below and email them to Dr Caitlin Hitchcock at email@example.com . Your application will be discussed at the next team meeting and we will let you know the outcome as soon as possible.